Finding words when writing a condolence message for a friend is very hard. Whether you’re attending funeral or cremation ceremony, it is a good idea to send some flowers along with a sympathy card.
If you’re struggling with your words of sympathy, these might help you:
Condolence message for a friend
- May peace and comfort find you during this difficult time
- The sun, the moon, the wind, the stars, will forever be around, reminding you of the love you shared, and the peace she’s finally found.
- We are thinking of your family want to help out in any way we can. I’ll call to see when would be a good night to bring over dinner
- You and your family are surrounded by love during this difficult time
- My home is open to you whenever you need it, even if it’s just for a change of scenery and a cup of coffee. You are always welcome.
- Although no words can really help to ease your loss, know that you are in my thoughts.
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. ~Helen Keller
- What is lovely never dies, but passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air. Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- When reason fails, pray for peace. We will be praying with you.
- When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran
- Words, however kind, can’t mend your heartache, but those who care for you share your grief and wish you comfort and peace of mind.
- I want to help but have no idea how. Please let me know how I can help you?
- A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. ~Maya Angelou
- Know that you made an incredible impact on _____’s life and that they were better and happier for having known you.
- I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time, but please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.
- Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. ~Emily Dickinson
- Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same. ~ Author Unknown
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. ~Gandhi
- I’m here for you during this dark time and will be here for you when the light begins to shine for you again.
- May the sorrow you feel in your heart lighten by the love that surrounds you.
- You can’t truly heal from a loss until you allow yourself to really FEEL the loss. – Mandy Hale
- It isn’t what happens to us that causes us to suffer; it’s what we say to ourselves about what happens. – Pema Chödrön
- The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering. – Ben Okri
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in the time of sorrow. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
- We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind. ~William Wordsworth
Sources: www.treesforachange.com, www.acknowledgements.net, www.lifehack.org
Comments are closed.